edited by Liz Grzyb and Cat Sparks
19 speculative tales of radical futures.
Note hardcover edition only available via pre-order before 10 October 2017.
These stories explore meteorological, agricultural and biological technologies, alternative histories, arcologies and communes, the beauty in flooded cities, innovations in cross-continental travel, animals on the verge of extinction, androids, reality tv shows, new food sources, environmental refugees, blurring the divide between humans and animals, and above all, friendship, family and love.
Ecopunk! 19 optimistic tales selected by two award-winning editors, showing how humanity can survive and flourish, despite the looming uncertainty from climate change. The incredible line-up includes some of Australia’s best science fiction writers:
- Adam Browne, “The Radiolarian Violin”
- Matthew Chrulew, “Future Perfect”
- Emilie Collyer, “From the Dark”
- Jason Fischer, “Milk and Honey”
- Tom Guerney, “The Mangrove Maker”
- Claire McKenna, “Mr. Mycelium”
- R. Jean Mathieu, “The City Sunk, the City Risen”
- D.K. Mok, “The Wandering Library”
- Jason Nahrung, “The Today Home”
- Ian Nichols, “First Flight”
- Shauna O’Meara, “Island Green”
- Rivqa Rafael, “Trivalent”
- Jane Rawson, “The Right Side of History”
- Jane Routley, “The Scent of Betrayal”
- Andrew Sullivan, “The Butterfly Whisperer”
- Janeen Webb, “Monkey Business”
- Corey J. White, “Happy Hunting Ground”
- Tess Williams, “Broad Church”
- Marian Womack, “Pink Footed”